Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weathering the Storm

We are without power (along with 189,000 others as of this morning) but doing really well. We have lost some food but my parents have power so we were able to salvage some frozen foods by storing them in their freezer. We are so thankful for the mild weather; it has actually been kind of nice. We have a gas range so I can still cook some and my parents have been so kind to take my sister and her family in and feed us all dinner every night. The family time has been nice, although we are anxious to get our power back on and running! The Lord is good; we can see that even in the midst of hardship (however great or minor).

1 comment:

MJ said...

I think it's great that you guys had some family time. I think I just barely held on through this power outage. But I suppose it's just 'one more thing' right now. At another point in my life it would have been no big deal. I enjoyed reading your take on it. We had fun at your party today. Very peaceful. :-)