Monday, August 4, 2008

Girls' Day Out

The Cat House Rugs where my mom works was closed last week so we took advantage of my mom's vacation and had a girls' day out on Thursday. Check out the patterns for sale on their website. Many were designed by my mom, Kaye Miller. She is so talented!

Three generations...

My loot. A small money purse and a FABULOUS cake stand. (Since my mom is a workin' woman now she treated me to a few goodies!) You can loop any color ribbon through the holes. I have been wanting one of these for a while and we found them at a great price at a little shop in Middletown. There are a ton of great little shops with unique gifts but we really liked one in particular. I don't think they have a website but it is called "A Splash of Color" and is located in the Livery House next to the Head House at 11601 Main Street in Middletown. If you ever have the chance you should check it out!

One great thing about this stand is that if you turn it over it can double as a chips and dip server!

There was even stuff for Georgia. She likes the finger puppet but is a little leary of the hand puppet sometimes!
It was a great day. We were non-stop from about 12:30-8:30 with a quick lunch at McAlister's between the Middletown shops and the Middletown Peddler's Mall. We literally shopped till we dropped!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Moms are fun, aren't they?!?
~Christi