Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Deceptively Delicious

Some parents have kids that won't eat veggies. Georgia will eat veggies but I have a hard time getting her to eat protein, especially in the morning. I don't mind giving her sweet breakfasts but I would like for her to have some protein to go with it. Sometimes she will eat it and sometimes she won't. I am so sneaky and tricky that I scrambled an egg, chopped it up real tiny and stirred it into her oatmeal (with brown sugar and half & half, of course) and she ate it all! Victory! She loves oatmeal because Belle and the Beast eat it for breakfast in Beauty and the Beast. Stay tuned for Halloween photos, Georgia is going to be Belle!



For those of you with non-veggie eaters, I got a book called Deceptively Delicious that has some good ideas. I have not tried too many of them (since Georgia will actually eat veggies) but I aspire to. Or you could whip up a veggie cocktail like my friend, Betsy (which I also keep meaning to do but haven't)! What do you all do to make sure your kiddos get what they need to stay healthy?

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Love it!! I think the best part is why she eats oatmeal - so cute.